Monday 1 February 2016

So, Michael Mosley is promising to reverse my diabetes, well not promising but is giving me some pretty good pointers for which I am very gratefull.

I decided to create a blog to capture my thoughts and feelings as I go through this process. I've also created a twitter account for more immediate thoughts. It's at @kevins8weekdiet



A bit about me:

I’m male, I live in the North West of England and I work in IT.

I’m just on 6ft tall and just under 20st , so according to my BMI I’m just obese not morbidly obese. I have been up to around 23 stones which I think would put me firmly into the morbid category. I’ve been type II from at least 2001, when I was first diagnosed. I come from a long line of diabetics on my Mother’s side and not ,as far as I know, from my Father’s side. 

My daily medication is 4 Metformin, 1 Aspirin, 3 Gliclazide, 1 Simvastatin ,1 Januvia and 1 Ramipril none of which seems to be doing me any good.

The suit I’m in today is a 52 inch chest and a 44 inch waist trousers and my shirt is 18.5 inch neck, so all in all I’m in a pretty bad state!

I’ve tried all kinds of diets but like the vast majority of people it doesn’t ever seem to work or really last.
The best diet I tried was the Weetabix diet where I got down to 15st and a 38 inch waist but regained it within a few years.

So onwards and downwards friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment